Is there any service that can help me convert my android app to an ios app?

AbelDagne.4342AbelDagne.4342 USMember ✭✭
edited August 2017 in General

Before Xamarin Live I was not able to write for iOS because I did not have a mac but now I can write for iOS and I really want to convert my android app (PicSpeak) that is already released, to an iOS app. I am a 12 year old app developer and I do not no how to write my code for iOS so is there any service or if anyone can do that, can you please tell me? Thanks.

Answers

• RohitSingh.6601RohitSingh.6601 USMember ✭✭

no there is no mediator who can covert the android to ios in xamarin.forms if you need to do check Microsoft was not allowed to create simulator for IOS without Mac permission . You have to create you project inside the PCL folder(shared).

• iamaurousiamaurous PHMember ✭✭

Hello, am also a free-lance dev, wrote an app for Android using Xamarin.Android so am wondering if there's a way which I can have my app for IOS too?

• NamyslawSzymaniukNamyslawSzymaniuk USMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

@iamaurous said:
    Hello, am also a free-lance dev, wrote an app for Android using Xamarin.Android so am wondering if there's a way which I can have my app for IOS too?

NO, just simply NO. You have to implement your app via Xamarin.iOS, or switch directly to Xamarin.Forms, and rewrite all.

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@iamaurous I wouldn't say you need to rewrite it all, if you (or have already) split out your code properly then your business logic could be shared between both your Droid and iOS app. The front end however will either need to be (re)written in Xamarin.Forms and used by both apps, or duplicated in native Xamarin.iOS. The front end should really be the simplest part of your app with no business logic at all.

• iamaurousiamaurous PHMember ✭✭

@JohnHair said:
    @iamaurous I wouldn't say you need to rewrite it all, if you (or have already) split out your code properly then your business logic could be shared between both your Droid and iOS app. The front end however will either need to be (re)written in Xamarin.Forms and used by both apps, or duplicated in native Xamarin.iOS. The front end should really be the simplest part of your app with no business logic at all.

Ah that's what I thought too, that will still be easier than to re-write my code all over again. Thank you mate