unable to connect to ios agent

kcochrankcochran Kenneth CochranUSMember

Whenever I create an iOS workbook, I get an error that it is unable to connect to the agent.

I checked Visual Studio settings at "Preferences > Project > SDK Locations > Apple", and see that it successfully found XCode at it's default path in /Applications/Xcode.app
I checked xcode-select -p and found that it was instead pointing to /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools.

I ran xcode-select -r, which reset it to /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer.
Now it matches what is shown in VisualStudio, but after restarting workbooks, it still will not connect.

Does anyone know of any further troubleshooting steps I should try?

• kcochrankcochran Kenneth Cochran USMember

Sorry, I should note that I am using Version 1.3 Alpha 2 because I needed the increased NuGet support in that version, but this also did not work when I was on the latest stable release, so I don't believe it's an alpha issue.

• SandyArmstrongSandyArmstrong Sandy Armstrong USXamarin Team, Insider Xamurai

@kcochran Hello! Can you attach the log file found at ~/Library/Logs/Xamarin/Inspector/Xamarin Inspector {date}.log?

Have you launched Xcode since you installed it? Xcode may need to be run once before the simulator is available for use.

Also, are you able to build and debug a simple iOS app from Visual Studio for Mac?