Scandit vs. Manatee Works Barcode scanner component

Does anyone have experience with both Scandit and Manatee.

I've tested Scandit and so far I really like the performance and have not tried Manatee yet, but plan on doing so in the next few days. However both are rather pricey and would appreciate any feedback others have had with one or both of these tools.

Thank you in advance.

Best Answers

Answers

• N_BauaN_Baua INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @KeithLongwell ,

scandit is really good though, I don't like paying per app or per user. Never thought of others when found ZXing doing the job for free

Disclaimer: I am not on a promotion of anyone, However I feel that you should add the ZXing.Net to your list too.

This works with Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, and Windows Phone and does work same like other paid solutions.

Hope you want to save some money too, as I do. :smiley:

Regards,
    N Baua

• KeithLongwellKeithLongwell USMember ✭✭

Thanks N,

I am currently using ZXing for some of my apps and I like it.

However for one app I need it to scan faster than ZXing does. My users do a lot of scanning like 100's of scans so waiting 2 - 10 seconds to read the barcode does not work for them. I've tested Scandit and it is super fast, almost as fast as using a real barcode scanner.

Hello ManateeWorks,

So I have signed up with ManateeWorks to try it and downloaded the Xamarin sample. It doesn't run on my VS 2015 Xamarin environment. It doesn't include Android Manifest, Android Options, and does not list any of emulators or physical android devices as supported.

What am I doing wrong or where do I download a good demo?

Also Tried to find a Xamarin reference both on your website and as a NuGet package. I found a Manateeworks.DROIDBarcodeScanner by Cognext and installed it but can not find documentation or samples on how to use it.

I followed the emailed link to documentation https://manateeworks.com/admin/support/resources that was a 404 page not found.

What am I doing wrong? Where do I need to start from?

Thank you.

Never mind...

I just found the sample. I was trying the MWBarcode Scanner. That is just the wrapper.

MWBCameraDemo is the barcode scanner demo to work with. I got it now and am testing it.

Thanks.

• ainsophicalainsophical USMember ✭✭
    edited September 6

really though. scandit is a joke. they don't publish prices, and when you try to get prices it takes a full day to get back to you. besides the lowest tier they provide is 100 devices, one platform, for a "nominal" price of 3 grand a year. yeah right!!!