Forum Xamarin Test Cloud (Read Only)

Xamarin TestCloud Live - Where is it?

At Evolve 2016 Xamarin announced a new feature of TestCloud called Xamarin TestCloud Live (Live debugging against real devices in the cloud, extremely useful!)

It is also mentioned in the roundup blog post of Evolve 2016

Cut Debug Times with Test Cloud Live
While automated tests are a tremendously powerful tool for defending the integrity of an app, it’s sometimes necessary to reproduce a test failure manually and examine the state of the app and device more closely to understand the root cause and arrive at a fix. Today we unveiled Test Cloud Live to bring the power of real-time debugging on hundreds of device configurations to every developer workstation. Test Cloud Live allows users to manipulate a real device from within the browser, providing the extra level of detail sometimes needed to debug a complex issue. We’ll gradually be inviting users to try the product throughout the rest of the year; those interested in trying Test Cloud Live can sign up for updates here.

Here we are 1 year on and it is completely quiet, you can barely find any information about it on the web. So the question is; Where is it?

Is this a serious feature that is being developed or just another flashy thing being shown to impress people at Evolve

Answers

• Kent.GreenKent.Green USXamarin Team Xamurai

I forwarded your question to our team, but unfortunately at this time we have nothing to announce. My apologies for the lack of information, but I wanted to at least let you know that we saw your query here.

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

Thanks @Kent.Green. I will await for further updates. Was a really great feature when announced at evolve, and I can find no one else that offers anything similar (in terms of VS integration). The closest is AWS device farm, but hasn't got Visual Studio integration.

Do you know if this still being developed or has it been shelved?