Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Publish IOS App From visual Studio Directly or Indirectly

PremShahPremShah USMember ✭✭

I have developed an IOS App using Xamarin.Form From Visual Studio 2017 on Windows 10 and a mac book is connected in same network.
I have also purchase an Apple Developer Program Account. my ios app is running perfectly in IOS Simulator.
now i want to publish ios app to AppStore. i don't have Iphone Device. Is Iphone Required for publishing IOS App to App Store or MacBook is sufficient.

Please tell me how can i Publish Directly or indirectly from Visual studio Or What is standard procedure to publish App to App Store.

Thanks
Prem Shah
+9779851048402

Answers

• PremShahPremShah USMember ✭✭

I have already tried your suggested link. but when i build No installed provisioning profiles match the installed iOS signing identities. Error throw and i have already setup all signing identites. so i want to know is it reqired Iphone Device to publish or not.

• N_BauaN_Baua INMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

I guess the better explanation can be found here.

To be very specific Read this section > Registering Devices Using Your Developer Account > on this page.

• PremShahPremShah USMember ✭✭

I have already done all the process mention in you link. may be i am missing something but this time i only want to know
    is it reqired Iphone Device to publish ?

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a better question is, does any of the documentation linked above say that it's a requirement? No.
    So the answer to your question is... ;)

Now, the error you are seeing. Is that when you are attempting to archive your build for upload? You have selected Release, iPhone I presume, but have you selected the Distribution profile and not the development profile in your iOS startup project?
  • DanNordquistDanNordquist USMember ✭✭

What astonishes me, is how rude people are in replying to your question. I mean, we all have the first time for everything so why not be a tad nicer instead of blasting and being mean about it?

I'm attempting to publish my first iOS app as well, and I've been through all the steps found in documentation, got my key and cert files, etc., but I still cannot figure out how to get it published.

If someone would like to be NICE about replying and maybe help out, that would be awesome.

• tahir_mehrajtahir_mehraj Member ✭✭

@PremShah : I am stucked in the same situation ! Have you found any solution for deploying this ?

@tahir_mehraj said:
    @PremShah : I am stucked in the same situation ! Have you found any solution for deploying this ?

Are you getting a specific error?

• tahir_mehrajtahir_mehraj Member ✭✭

@JohnHair : No error. I have written my code on the windows machine(Vs 2017) and I have connected a mac to it. I need to deploy the app on app store. I somehow managed to deploy it on a single iPhone with Development certificate but now i Need it to get deployed on the app store

> @tahir_mehraj said:
    > @JohnHair : No error. I have written my code on the windows machine(Vs 2017) and I have connected a mac to it. I need to deploy the app on app store. I somehow managed to deploy it on a single iPhone with Development certificate but now i Need it to get deployed on the app store

Ok, so what is stopping you from deploying to the App Store?
  • prishahprishah CAMember ✭✭
    edited July 2018

@PremShah said:

I have already tried your suggested link. but when i build No installed provisioning profiles match the installed iOS signing identities. Error throw and i have already setup all signing identites. so i want to know is it reqired Iphone Device to publish or not.

I did follow all the guidelines in this link : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/ios/deploy-test/app-distribution/app-store-distribution/?tabs=vsmac

To answer of your specific question regarding for provision profile, I don't have any issue what so ever regarding for distribute provision profile. Following steps to be consider , hope it helps:

Mac machine :
    --> Make sure created signing certificate through your xcode-> preferences -> Manage certificates -> iOS Distribution/ iOS App store
    --> Once distributed provision profile generated through your apple account, download it on your mac machine and make sure double click on it
    --> You can now see your distribute certificate in your Keychain access --> Certificate section if above steps properly followed

Visual studio 2017 :
    --> Once above things done on your mac, check following guideline :
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/ios/deploy-test/app-distribution/app-store-distribution/?tabs=vswin#selecting-a-distribution-profile-in-a-xamarinios-project

--> From above link , in your info.plist use same bundle id that you have used in your apple account while creating App IDs
    --> in VS, check iOS Bundle signing --> select manual provision --> Select Distribution(Automatic) but not Developer(Automatic)--> Select your provision profile in drop down option that you have created in your apple account
    --> make sure iOS Debug --> Enable Debugging set to false

--> now check Configure your ios app guideline : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/ios/deploy-test/app-distribution/app-store-distribution/?tabs=vswin#configuring-your-application-in-itunes-connect

--> Also check publish your app guideline : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/ios/deploy-test/app-distribution/app-store-distribution/?tabs=vswin#submitting-an-app-to-itunes-connect