Some questions to iOS 7 Support

MichaelProbstMichaelProbst Michael ProbstUSMember
edited September 2013 in iOS

Hi there,

I'am currently testing our app for iOS7 compatibility (GM Release) and I'am noticed that the app crashes if I hit any text box.

Does anybody recognize the same problems with iOS7? Do I need to switch to the alpha channel?

Here is the console output:

Unhandled Exception:
MonoTouch.Foundation.MonoTouchException: Objective-C exception thrown.  Name: NSRangeException Reason: *** -[__NSArrayM objectAtIndex:]: index 1 beyond bounds [0 .. 0]
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) MonoTouch.UIKit.UIApplication:UIApplicationMain (int,string[],intptr,intptr)
  at MonoTouch.UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.String principalClassName, System.String delegateClassName) [0x0004c] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/monotouch/src/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:38 
  at XXXXUITouch.Main (System.String[] args) [0x0003f] in c:\xxxxxxxx\Main.cs:30 
2013-09-11 16:18:11.267 XXXXUITouch[23376:a0b] Unhandled managed exception: Objective-C exception thrown.  Name: NSRangeException Reason: *** -[__NSArrayM objectAtIndex:]: index 1 beyond bounds [0 .. 0] (MonoTouch.Foundation.MonoTouchException)
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) MonoTouch.UIKit.UIApplication:UIApplicationMain (int,string[],intptr,intptr)
  at MonoTouch.UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.String principalClassName, System.String delegateClassName) [0x0004c] in /Developer/MonoTouch/Source/monotouch/src/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:38 
  at BSH.MyBosch.UI.Touch.Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x0003f] in xxxx\Main.cs:30

Best regards Michael

Update: It seems that this is only in the simulator! :/

• SebastienPouliotSebastienPouliot Sebastien Pouliot CAXamarin Team Xamurai

The GM is still pre-release software (and under NDA). Please file a bug report (mark it private) and attach a self-contained test case so we can see what went wrong.

• MichaelProbstMichaelProbst Michael Probst USMember

Hi Sebastian,

thanks for your answer. Iam a little bit confused that something which is called "Golden Master" is no release but since the error is only in simulator (and Xcode 5 + skd IS beta) I can live with that ;)

• SebastienPouliotSebastienPouliot Sebastien Pouliot CAXamarin Team Xamurai

is no release

It's a release - but it's a pre-release, with everything it involves (and that you agreed by participating in Apple developers program).

The public release date was announced as Sept 18th. Apple developer web site (log on first) has all the details if you're curious about them.

Note: in the past some GM were publicly released (i.e. generally available to both public and developers) on the first day