Problems with iOS7 Beta

jp99jp99 John PaulMVMember

Hey everyone,

I am trying to get my app to run on iOS7 beta, but it always fails with the following error found in the Device Log:

Jul  8 13:31:24 installd[62] <Notice>: 0x201000 MobileInstallationInstall_Server: Installing app mobileclient
Jul  8 13:31:24 securityd[86] <Error>:  SecOSStatusWith error:[-34018] The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.security.osstatus error -34018 - client has neither application-identifier nor keychain-access-groups entitlements)
Jul  8 13:31:24 securityd[86] <Error>:  SecOSStatusWith error:[-34018] The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.security.osstatus error -34018 - client has neither application-identifier nor keychain-access-groups entitlements)

Does anyone know what I should do?

Thanks in advance jp99

• BrettTheParkBrettThePark Brett Park CAMember

Hi John, Have you found a solution to this issue?

• jp99jp99 John Paul MVMember
    edited August 2013

Hi Brett,

unfortunately not but I haven't looked further into that so far.

• DanAbramovDanAbramov Dan Abramov RUMember, Beta ✭✭

@jp99 @BrettThePark

I've had the same issue after turning on Enable incremental builds in Project Options > iOS Build. Turning it off fixed the problem.

This actually makes sense, since incremental builds replace bits of code on the device post-factum and there has to result in some kind of signature problem for SecRecord.

Still, I wish this was documented.

edited September 2013

@ermau @poupou Do you think this is something worth mentioning in Xam's docs? (See the post above)

• SebastienPouliotSebastienPouliot Sebastien Pouliot CAXamarin Team Xamurai

@DanAbramov the signature should be fine/updated (even if the update is partial). I pointed this thread to @Rolf so he can have a look at it - but if you have a quick way to duplicate this it would be helpful to have a bug report with the details. Thanks!

• RolfBjarneKvingeRolfBjarneKvinge Rolf Bjarne Kvinge USModerator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited September 2013

@DanAbrimov: I tried your project (the one I have access to), and I successfully ran the project with "Enable incremental builds" checked on my device. Is there anything else I need to do to reproduce this?

The reason it's not documented is because this is the first time I hear about this issue :)

@RolfBjarneKvinge, I reproduced it by

• running with Incremental Builds enabled
    • logging out (settings -> Log out)
    • logging in via Google+

This would take me to Safari, and after login, it would call SaveAccount after authentication, which would then throw the exception.

• RolfBjarneKvingeRolfBjarneKvinge Rolf Bjarne Kvinge USModerator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@DanAbrimov: I still can't reproduce this. Do you get the same problem if you clean & rebuild your solution before trying again?