Xamarin Evolve 2013, our first developer conference

segphaultsegphault Ryan PaulUSMember, Forum Administrator, Moderator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
edited May 2013 in Events

We're really proud to announce Xamarin Evolve 2013, our first worldwide developer conference!

http://blog.xamarin.com/2012/11/08/xamarin-evolve-2013-our-first-developer-conference/

Join us in Austin, Texas on April 8-11 for two days of intensive technical training and two days of conference sessions. Sign up now to be the first to know when registration opens: http://xamarin.com/evolve

• macintoshsaucemacintoshsauce James Rhodes USMember

I'd love to attend this. Do you plan on having university student pricing?

• segphaultsegphault Ryan Paul USMember, Forum Administrator, Moderator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

We are still finalizing the details of Evolve pricing, so we aren't quite ready to discuss the specifics yet. Stay tuned, we'll have more details to share in the coming months.

• dcdc Fakhruddin Faizal USBeta

Will there be video feeds for those of us who can't attend?

• natnat Nat Friedman USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

No plans for video feeds as of yet.

• JustinMosesJustinMoses Justin Moses USBeta

Hoping to be there. ^.^

• BrainloopBrainloopBrainloopBrainloop Brainloop Brainloop DEMember, Beta ✭✭

By accident I bought a MacBook Air - totally unplanned... - yesterday, so I'm all prepared now!

• mattkrebsmattkrebs Matt Krebs USBeta

Any idea what Wednesday will look like. On the web site it looks as though Tuesday is just a copy of Wednesday? Regardless, i have my All Access pass already. See you there

@mattkrebs - We haven't yet sorted out which talks will be on which days. That's why Tuesday and Wednesday look the same.

@nat - Ok Thanks, just trying to arrange travel. Not sure when to leave, Wednesday night or Thursday morning? Do you know if there will be events Wednesday evening?

@mattkrebs - Conference attendees should arrive on Monday, April 15th and depart on Thursday, April 18th. There will be a closing event at 5pm on the 17th and some dinners after that.

@nat Awesome, thanks!

• vbelletvbellet Vincent Bellet USMember, Beta ✭✭

A video feed or at least slide would be nice ...

• StuartLodgeStuartLodge Stuart Lodge USBeta ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013

Really psyched about this - srsly getting ready to evolve!

Bounce Bounce Bounce

... although that countdown clock at the top of this page makes me scared!

Is there any timetable about when you'll be announcing things ahead of the conference? Also is there a place where speakers can get info like slide format, session length, any Health&Safety requirements, whether indoor fireworks are allowed, etc? I tried the evolve email address, but I'm not sure it's working? Sorry to ask, but I need to start planning this pretty soon as I've got most of Easter off with family stuff.

I must not panic

I must not panic

I must not panic

I must not panic

Eeek - what does that badge at the top of the page say now!

Bounce Bounce Bounce

• NicWiseNicWise Nic Wise NZMember, Insider ✭✭✭

@StuartLodge drop me an email about it - or twitter. I have some info on that.

Slide format: whatever you want (PPT/Keynote, as it's your laptop I assume?), but 16:9 ratio (I asked for the same reason).
    I believe there will be a standard slide deck (graphics etc) to base it on, but I'm using the keynote standard black gradient one for the moment, with 720p size. Scales up to 1080p easily.

Health and Safety: this is the US. You just get sued. Insure yourself accordingly ;-)

Fireworks: It's texas, they have to be BIG fireworks. Otherwise: no.

Two of these are for humour purposes only. Pick which ones....

• RichardMortonRichardMorton Richard Morton USUniversity

I'm more worried about if there'll be anything to eat, with me being a vegetarian and the conference being in Texas, the land of the steak!

More seriously, will you be videoing the sessions for later consumption, even if not live streaming? The problem with conferences like this is you forget half the stuff you see, even when taking good notes and it's also useful for sessions I may miss...

• tbktbk Theron Kousek USMember

I'm hoping some of the sessions will be archived on video for view :-) Just hoping. Just hoping. :-)

• Bewolf2Bewolf2 Bewolf2 Jason KHMember, Beta

@tbk, quote from xamarin blog:

All of those sessions will be recorded and published online for everyone to watch.

• DannyMeierDannyMeier Danny Meier CHMember, Beta

Has already been a publishing date announced for the recorded sessions?

• DirkoSDirkoS Dirko Swanepoel ZAMember

@Bewolf2 do we know when the videos will be available?

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery James Lavery GBBeta ✭✭

A tweet (I think) was sent out yesterday saying "In a couple of weeks". But I may be wrong.

• Bewolf2Bewolf2 Bewolf2 Jason KHMember, Beta

I guess that's the question could only be answered by xamarin staffs.
    But "in a couple of weeks" will also be my guess ;)

• cavecave Christophe De Langhe BEMember

It was a great conference. The best conference I ever attended. I'm really looking forward to the online recordings, so I can watch those I missed !

• NicWiseNicWise Nic Wise NZMember, Insider ✭✭✭

I agree with @cave : one of the best I've been to, up there with webstock in NZ. Better in some ways.

Bravo Xamarin. Well done.

• TheBearF8TheBearF8 Barry Fawthrop USMember

Any idea when the videos will be available ? for those of us who sadly could not attend ?

We're hard at work on the videos and hope to have them all ready within a couple of weeks. We want to make sure they are really well edited so they're pleasant to watch.

Thanks to all 630 people who came to Evolve and made it so amazing. We can't wait for next year!