[Xamarin Blog] Build Great Photo Experiences in iOS 8 with PhotoKit

MichaelBluesteinMichaelBluestein Michael BluesteinUSMember, Insider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in iOS

Just posted: Build Great Photo Experiences in iOS 8 with PhotoKit on the Xamarin Blog.

Read the full article to learn how to use PhotoKit in iOS 8.

Use this thread to discuss or ask questions.

• NazariyPelyushkevychNazariyPelyushkevych Nazariy Pelyushkevych USMember

how can i get phasset from selected video file(that was selected using XForms.Labs.MediaPicker)? i need this to get metadata

• nordtannenordtanne Christoph Märkl DEMember

Hi @MichaelBluestein,

i get an InvalidCastException in the RequestImageForAsset Method, is your Code working?

By the way: There is a little typing mistake in the blog: PFAsset.Fetch instead of PHAsset.Fetch

Greetings

• MichaelBluesteinMichaelBluestein Michael Bluestein USMember, Insider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭

It was written during the beta last year, so it's possible the API changed. I'll take a look at it later today.

• MichaelBluesteinMichaelBluestein Michael Bluestein USMember, Insider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭

It's working OK for me.

Thanks for your answer @MichaelBluestein, strange that i get an InvalidCast ... i checked the type of my fetchResults and they are NSObjects, that cant be casted to PHAsset.

@MichaelBluestein god damnit... turns out that my target was iOS7... really appreciate your fast response though!