Android SDK Manager

DavidBrillonDavidBrillon David BrillonCAMember, Beta

I installed Xamarin Studio on a Mac that already have MonoDevelop. I am trying to debug a project build with Modo for Android. I have an error saying that an API file is missing:

"Could not find android.jar for API level 15. This means the Android SDK platform for API Level 15 is not installed. Either install it in the Android SDK Manager, ...

I cannot find the Android SDK Manager on the Mac.

Any cues?

• GlennWilsonGlennWilson Glenn Wilson USMember, University ✭✭

You can see this in Xamarin MonoDevelop (don't know if this is the same for Studio) under the menu MonoDevelop>Preferences>Other>SDK Locations>Adndroid.

My android SDK is installed at:
    /Users/myusername/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-mac_x86

The sdk manager is, from there:
    tools/android

• DavidBrillonDavidBrillon David Brillon CAMember, Beta

Thanks.

I was able to find it with Terminal. I'm not very familiar with Macs. How can I find this location with the Finder, it seems that "library" is an hidden folder. Is there an easy way to create a shortcut for tools/android?

• vbelletvbellet Vincent Bellet USMember, Beta ✭✭

go to your home directory and in the "Go" finder menu hold down the option key to make it selectable.

Once you are there I guess that you can ln -s your home directory.

• JonathanPryorJonathanPryor Jonathan Pryor USModerator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I cannot find the Android SDK Manager on the Mac.

1. Within Xamarin Studio, click Tools > Open AVD Manager. This opens the Android Virtual Device Manager.
    2. Within the Android Virtual Device Manager, click Tools > Managed SDK...
    3. Within the Android SDK Manager, select Android 4.0.3 (API 15) > SDK Platform, then click the Install X packages... button.