Introduce yourself

segphaultsegphault Ryan PaulUSMember, Forum Administrator, Moderator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
edited September 2012 in General

Welcome to the Xamarin forums! This is the place for you to introduce yourself to the forum community. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Where are you from? What kind of applications do you develop? What's your favorite mobile device?

• segphaultsegphault Ryan Paul USMember, Forum Administrator, Moderator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I'm Ryan Paul, Xamarin's new developer evangelist. I was previously an Internet journalist, covering open source software, Web standards, and software development topics at Ars Technica. I'm making a few simple applications right now, including a reddit images app and a custom Parse.ly client. I alternate between an iPhone and a Galaxy Nexus.

• BryanCostanichBryanCostanich Bryan Costanich USMember, Forum Administrator, Moderator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited September 2012

I'm bryan costanich. i head up our docs and edu team. i like avocados.

you can praise and blame me for our docs. :)

• MartinBowlingMartinBowling Martin Bowling USMember, Insider

I'm Martin Bowling, I love craft beer & writing Xamarin Moblie apps. I've even managed two combine those two loves :) - I occasionally blog at http://martinbowling.com I tweet a lot more at http://twitter.com/martinbowling

• OldRedthOldRedth Jonathan Dick USMember, Insider ✭✭

I'm Jonathan Dick... I am a DBA/Developer by day, and a Mobile Developer by night. I've been using Xamarin tools since the Novell days! I'm from the great white north, but south of Toronto (basically right across the river from Detroit).

I recently helped coauthor the Wrox book "Professional Android Programming with Mono for Android and .NET/C#"

Looks like I should make it to Monkeyspace this year, where I hope to finally meet a bunch of people from the community that I've had the pleasure of getting to know mostly over IRC.

Right now I'm making a set of apps for a company in Nashville: Aegis Shield Moble The iOS and Android versions are currently available, although the product is not 'officially' launched yet, and the WP7 verison (and hopefully soon WP8) are not far behind: Aegis Shield Mobile - iOS Aegis Shield Mobile - Android

I've also done a few blog posts over time at http://redth.info

Glad to be a part of the community!

• JosephHillJosephHill Joseph Hill USForum Administrator, Moderator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I'm Joseph Hill, Xamarin COO and co-founder. I've many hats (from product management and marketing to evangelism and support), so if you've been in the community for awhile, you've probably bumped into me somewhere.

• AndrewWayAndrewWay Andrew Way USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I'm Andrew, Customer Success Engineer in SF. I hope to help many of you exploring Xamarin! For any Cal fans, Go Bears!

• simpleprogrammersimpleprogrammer John Sonmez USMember, Insider

I'm John Sonmez. I'm a Pluralsight author (http://pluralsight.com/training/Authors/Details/john-sonmez). I focus quite a bit on the mobile side of things including courses on Xamarin products.

I also work as a developer currently for TrackAbout Inc, where I am building iOS and Android enterprise-y applications using MonoTouch and Mono for Android and sharing as much code as possible.

I have a few apps in the App store as well. One build with MonoTouch, but I'd like to add some more.

You can find my blog at http://simpleprogrammer.com

• BetaiKoffi.7188BetaiKoffi.7188 Betai Koffi USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hey, I'm Betai and I'm also a Customer Success Engineer in SF. Don't hesitate to contact me with technical or purchasing questions, or if you just want to chat. Come on @AWay, it's all about Stanford! =P =0)

• amilleramiller Allie Miller USForum Administrator, Moderator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi everyone, I'm Allie! I'm on the Support Team at Xamarin. I also specialize in UX/UI design and can make a mean cappuccino. @betai and @Away have it all wrong though, Cornell Big Red alll the way!

• brajkovicbrajkovic Bojan Rajkovic USForum Administrator, Moderator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited September 2012

Hi everyone, I'm Bojan, I'm based out of Boston and I do a little bit of everything, mostly focusing on our web properties and infrastructure and operations, including [redacted], and [redacted], etc. :-)

I've been around the Mono community for many moons now, and I'm a decent cook. If you have any questions about our web presence, feel free to ask!

Oh, and @amiller, @betai, and @away all have it all wrong—go Judges! (Just kidding, my alma mater's sports teams aren't very good. ;-)

• JonathanPryorJonathanPryor Jonathan Pryor USModerator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited September 2012

Hi everyone, I'm Jonathan Pryor, the lead on Mono for Android, interested in compilers, runtime systems, and working on a life-long effort to reduce repetitive code injury. In my copious spare time (ha!) I pretend to maintain Cadenza and Mono.Options.

I also moonlight on support, and ruminate on the age old riddle: Why don't developers read exception messages?!

• Nina_VyedinNina_Vyedin Nina vyedin USMember, Xamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

O hai! I'm Nina, I'm on the docs-dev team. I am working on improving the docs website, which is getting some serious love, as well as making recipes and samples for all to enjoy. I rock an iPhone 4s but refuse to upgrade to iOS 6, because without a working GPS I would probably drive into a black hole.

I like robots, horses (which is the closest one can get to unicorns irl), and (bearded) dragons.

• TomOpgenorthTomOpgenorth Tom Opgenorth CAMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I'm Tom Opgenorth. I work with Bryan on the docs team where I fill the dual roles of token Android fan and token Canadian.

Not so much a fan of avocados as I am of a single malt.

• RolfBjarneKvingeRolfBjarneKvinge Rolf Bjarne Kvinge USModerator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I'm Rolf Bjarne Kvinge. Currently I work on the MonoTouch team, doing my best to make it the most awesome thing ever.

• dvdsgldvdsgl David Siegel USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

My name is David Siegel and I'm an 'engineer who designs' at Xamarin. I'm working on making our IDE a pleasure to use. I love functional programming and subtle animations!

• MichaelBluesteinMichaelBluestein Michael Bluestein USForum Administrator, Moderator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hey all,

I'm Mike. I work on the docs team. Articles, seminars, samples, recipes, support and a bit of speaking. Cheers

• FrankAKruegerFrankAKrueger Frank A. Krueger USDeveloper Group Leader
    edited September 2012

Hi, I'm Frank Krueger. @praeclarum on Twitter. I'm a developer and chief pedant at Xamarin. I love writing apps, and I love making mobile CPUs hot.

If you have questions on cross-platform development, iOS/Android/Mac APIs, or dynamic system simulation, I'm your man.

• JrmieLavalJrmieLaval Jérémie Laval USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I'm Jérémie Laval. I drink Guinness, lol at cats and accessorily hacks on Mono and MonoDevelop (when I'm not striking).

• MichaelHutchinsonMichaelHutchinson Michael Hutchinson USModerator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hey all, my name's Michael Hutchinson, and I work on pretty much every part of MonoDevelop and its interactions with our other products.

A while back I wrote a series of MonoDevelop Tips to help people get more out of MD.

• atsushienoatsushieno Atsushi Enomoto JPMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I'm Atsushi Enomoto, part of Mono for Android team. I'm also the only one Xam monkey in the East Asian area (so far) and often talk about Mono-related stuff in some tech. sessions. These days I also maintain mono-reactive, and have interests on music instrumental tools.

• MarekHabersack.1044MarekHabersack.1044 Marek Habersack PLXamarin Team Xamurai

Hey everybody,

I'm Marek Habersack, I currently work on the Visual Studio team. I created the unified installer for Xamarin products. I live in Poland.

• GouriKumariGouriKumari Gouri Kumari USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi all,

My name is Gouri working as Junior QA Engineer at Xamarin. Within a short time, I have got the opportunity to test most of Xamarin products. I am from Kerala (south west part of India).

• bmoultonbmoulton Bryan Moulton USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

My name is Bryan Moulton, and I work with the Support team at Xamarin. I am from Las Vegas so naturally, I like to party.

• roycornelissenroycornelissen Roy Cornelissen NLMember, Insider

Hi, I'm Roy Cornelissen. I work as a software architect for Info Support in the Netherlands. Most of the time, I work on mid- to large scale projects for enterprisey customers. Currently working on a SaaS product for workforce management.

Besides that I'm a community leader for the mobile development competence within Info Support. In that role, I work on our cross platform mobile strategy, using Xamarin tools of course.

We do presentations on events suchs as Microsoft TechDays, full day workshops for customers and students. We also put our strategy into practice, building mobile apps for iOS, Android, Windows Phone and now also Windows 8.

Cheers!

• CraigDunnCraigDunn Craig Dunn USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi everyone (or g'day, if you prefer), I'm Craig Dunn, aka @conceptdev on twitter. During the day I like to monkey about for Xamarin, and blog in my spare time ;)

• NicWiseNicWise Nic Wise NZMember, Insider ✭✭✭
    edited September 2012

Hi! I'm Nic Wise, I'm a MonoTouch developer, living in London, tho I'm from Craig's part of the world (New Zealand, the "better" island). I'm @fastchicken on the twitters and the echo-chamber-tumble-weed-town that is App.Net.

I have an all-Mac household (4 macs, 2 ipads, 2 iphones etc), and all my apps are iOS. I'm slowing getting into Android apps via a Nexus 7 that I have to force myself to use.

I blog fairly regularly, mostly on mobile UX and design type stuff, as thats what most interests me - and always with a Xamarin slant :)

I'm usually found on the mailing list, tho I suspect I'll be around here a bit more, as well as StackOverflow.

• chrisntrchrisntr Chris Hardy GBForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hey All,

I'm ChrisNTR, I am helping Xamarin out with various different things, focused on Support but help with Community/Evangelism too.

You can normally find me hosting the Xamarin Seminars and often heading around the UK and further afield to chat about all things Xamarin. In my spare time, I have helped contribute to the following two books: Professional iPhone Programming with MonoTouch and .NET/C# and Professional Android Programming with Mono for Android .NET/C#.

I've been neglecting my blog on http://weblogs.asp.net/chrishardy and you can follow me on Twitter @chrisntr

• gshacklesgshackles Greg Shackles USMember, Insider, Developer Group Leader

Hey everyone!

I'm Greg Shackles, a web and mobile developer living in New York City. I've been known to do a fair bit of evangelizing for Xamarin's products over the years, ranging from blog posts, talks, a Mono for Android column for Visual Studio Magazine, Xaminars, and the book Mobile Development with C#.

Outside of tech, I'm a lifelong Yankees fan, a metalhead, craft beer lover, and an aspiring homebrewer.

You can also find me on Twitter at @gshackles

• LluisSanchezLluisSanchez Lluis Sanchez ESModerator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hey all! I'm Lluis Sanchez (@slluis on Twitter) and at Xamarin I work mostly on the MonoDevelop project and the Android Designer. I'm also the author of some projects upon which MonoDevelop is being built, such as Mono.Addins, NGit (a port of JGit) and XWT. I've been involved in the Mono project for nearly 10 years, during which I worked on remoting, serialization, web services and asp.net, among other parts of the .NET libraries.

• decriptordecriptor Stephen Shaw USMember, Beta, Developer Group Leader
    edited October 2012

Hi!!! I'm Stephen Shaw and love working on mono related things. I'm currently working for Xactware where I'm doing mono for android development. I'm also the the current maintainer of f-spot. Oh, and like to pretend I'm cool by association :)